Six do’s for new unpackaged stores
Are you considering opening an unpackaged store? We would love to help you! Here are six do’s that get you started.
- Talk to people who have opened a similar store. Have a good thought about the finance and how much you need to exist for three years, because this is the period a start-up normally needs to be successful. Can you lend money from family, friends, the bank? Otherwise start a crowdfunding. That is a good way to create engagement with future customers.
- Make sure you have the right competences in your team. Your internal and external organization needs to be in place. Think about stock, suppliers for bulk delivery, employees, decoration, promotions, commercials. Furthermore you must arrange permits and consider things like hygiene, fire safety and shelf life.
- Be careful when choosing your location. This is the most important thing in retail. Know that a “save packaging” concept does not attract everyone to come to your store and consider a location that is already visited by potential customers. A shop in shop concept would be a good idea. Negotiate the prize and make sure you have an escape option.
- Investigate the best period for opening, set the date and hold on to this date.
- Start promotion before opening and communicate about your drive and mission. Give special attention to social media and online presence. Involve your customers and let them help when putting together the assortment and service.
- Make sure the store’s neighbourhood is aware of the opening. Keep track of your customers and surprise them regularly with promotions, attractive deals or please consider a loyalty program.
Do you want to impress? Are you looking for a turnkey self dispense wall hosting a lot of bulk products? Please have a look at http://fooddispense.eu/product-category/turnkey-solutions/